Monday, May 3, 2010

ahh the humidity...

as fast as blue skies have graced the sky, humidity has wrapped its grubby hands around us...

but our spring days (although intermittently interrupted by rain showers) seem to be spreading joy.

spring is the best season in bucheon. with all the newly sprouted flowers and cherry blossoms, it smells a little bit less of a heap of ddong.

i really love test week. midterms are over and the results are in...


laugh-out-loud-student-mishap #14: one of my government students pulled a jeremiah. that's right - he FELL ASLEEP during the test and as a result didn't write anything on the essay part - 10 out of the 50 points. sigh.

some highlights from the essay question answers:

(american government)

"I chose Ms. Kari vice president of U.S. because you are my favorite American Government teacher!!! that's why I picked you. Don't be need to thanks to me. Don't worry about government. you can do that."

(geography)

(this kid has a LOT of trouble with English - this is his entire answer to a question about deforestation in the Amazon rain forest) "because Amazon is air 70% so Amazon lost we are very bad air eat so we are sike and Amazon have a many anemal and plant live But Amazon is very important. so Amazon need we are help so Amazon is important. Thank you. Pleases NO F!!!"
(this must be from a new disney movie - all forests go to heaven?) "So if deforestation continue and Amazon rain forest go the heaven where do make 1/3 oxygen? So if Amazon rain forest go to heaven We can not drink 1/3 oxygen"
(this is the entire answer) "1. Amazon Rain forest is Biggest forest so important. 2. I AM Not deforestation..."
"The Amazon rain forest is important because it provides the 20% of earth's oxegen. Without this we really would have to hold on the air tanks when we go out"
(this kid should write dictionaries...) "When I saw that I was so angry to deforestationer...If they continuesly deforestate we will can not breath. If there are no oxyzon, they don't need money so they are very stupid I think. If I meet them I will punch them and crush them."

children's day on wednesday! we get to go on a field trip!!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha Kari! This just made my day. "I AM Not deforistation" bahahaha! So good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I love the way some students think... especially when it is expressed via a second language.

    I especially like the point that if the rain forests were all destroyed, we would have to carry air tanks everywhere.

    Please NO F! (My students' version of this is "You put me a negative? No no, I am positive!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari,
    Thanks for giving me a good laugh! You do have a way of sharing your antecdotes that create vivid images and help us share in your adventure. Thanks for sharing your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If I meet them I will punch them and crush them".

    Classic! :-D

    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete