Friday, September 11, 2009

here i am...where am i?

i told a few of you that i would be getting a blog, and it has finally come to pass. hopefully you won't regret making this request, because now you have to read it. :)

[i have only a few minutes until i am supposed to meet someone to take me to the clinic for my health exam, so this will be rather short.] after roughly 10 and a half hours, i made it to the Seoul-Incheon international airport around 5:30 pm and met my driver around 6. the drive through to Bucheon took about an hour, mostly because we hit rush-hour traffic. at first, i just stared out the window, taking in the green rolling hills and ports of Incheon to the increasingly hazy skies and bright lights of the city. not being able to sleep on the plane meant that by now, it was close to 2 am back home and i had a hard time keeping my eyes open, thus the statement that i am quite unaware of exactly where i am besides my immediate surroundings.

we finally made it to the school where we waited. i didn't even know who for until the woman showed up who i had talked to on the phone. a woman named Grace took me to my temporary room (for a night or two) in the girls dorm, which is where i am now, picking up a random wireless signal.

living out of four different bags (there is no such thing as packing light when packing for a year!) makes me hope that my apartment will be ready to move into for tonight. the only minor explosion occuring in my suitcase was a small container of cinnamon (they told us to bring spices we liked), and besides a powdery mess, my suitcase now smells like a snickerdoodle (probably some of my clothes as well). i can't wait to unpack and get settled, but i don't even know how long that will be.

i haven't even taken out my camera, much less taken any pictures. this short update will hopefully turn into an interesting account of new adventures once i get settled in (hopefully i will be able to steal wireless there, at least at first).

from the land of the morning calm...

2 comments:

  1. awww i miss youuuuuuuuuuuuu

    cant wait to here about all ur adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kari! I didn't know you were moving to S. Korea to teach English! WOW! That's awesome!
    And good call with the cinnamon. I had my mom send that to me in a package last year. ;)
    -- Kristina

    ReplyDelete